Thread: Night Tremors
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATallOne View Post
Well here is a new one for me!!! At night now I deal with what I call night tremors. My entire body starts jerking uncontrollably First the left leg, than the right arm, than the chest, than the right leg, etc,. They are so severe and so uncomfortable I wake up in the mornings with my stomach in knots its like going through a entire Jane Fonda Workout in your sleep. I rest my case.

WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

I could easily be a stand in for Linda Blair in the Exorcist!

Mark
Hi Mark, I'm sorry you have those jerks. They seem to come when we are asleep or relaxed watching TV. RSD is a disoder of the autonomic nervous system. They means we have no control over the involuntary muscles, circulation, thus burning feet and hands or the opposite cold to the bone temp. High blook pressure controlled by the sympathetic nervous system and low blood pressure by the para sympathetic nervous system. I would be sound asleep and the full body jerk was so violent, my head would fly right off the pillow. I've had RSD for 12 years now-full body followed surgery. The only think that control the myclonic jerks is an anti-seizure med. My neurologist put me on neurotin and I gradually had to go to 3200 mg. for them to stop. They make you very tired and gaining weight is a lovely sympton. Lyrica is in the same family of drugs, and after it was out for over a year, I switched over. I like it better, for the same affect and for me, it works better on the nerve pain. It's advertised for fibromyalgia too, which I have. Some like it, and others don't. I warm bath with epson salts is relaxing before bed. I take an antii-anxiety med, Lorazepam and really helps keep my nervous system more in a calmed state/ Hope the best for you, and hope this helps. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote