Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink anxiety from ADD

When I was thinking I might be ADD, I did a lot of research, so when I went to my doctor about this, I'd have some "ammo". Plus, I am an info junkie, and I wanted to make sure that I kept the conversation on point, and not let my anxiety take over.

One thing I found very interesting was the subtypes of ADD and ADHD. I also read how anxiety is presented in ADD/ADHD. The subtypes I read about are described simply to the following link: http://add.about.com/cs/othertreatment/a/dramen_2.htm. If you read type 3 and type 6, I'm a combination of those two.

Another thing I learned was how the anxiety experienced has more to do with the inconsistent flow of neurochemicals. And that was certainly the case with me. So I didn't need a suppression of certain chemicals, I just needed a consistent flow. And that's what the stimulants do.

I'm really sorry you had to go through so many antidepressants before you were able to figure out what that they would never work. One fortunate thing about one of my ADD traits is that I'm stubborn, and I vowed never to take another antidepressant. One visit to a therapist about a possible ADD diagnosis resulted in an antidepressant prescription. He thought I was just anxious. I threw it out and never went back to him.

purple pal