View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

sundog welcome and we are glad you found your way here to Neurotalk. sorry to hear that you have t.n I would first reccomend looking through the stickies at the top of this forum as there is plenty of great info to read and web sites to visit. after i will try to find a link to the t.n.a. in your area
cannada has one I am sure of it and will post the link at bottom of this post.
Hwo long have you been on those meds? your bodu has to adjust and it needs to get in system. also you will find like so many of us that the docotrs will probly up your meds and then you will be switched to a whole diffrent medication after awhile cus body builds up and become imune to it, med wont work as well as it did at the start of taking it. and any med really seems to steal part of your brain, energy. that is a down side. I am sorry you are dealing with that. but your not alone. I would most surely see a neuro and a pain docotr . your g.p. isnt prepared for t.n. or how to treat it. most genral docotrs here in U.S.A. arent either. most of us see a neuro and or a pain managment doctor. I must reccomend the book "striking back" it is a bible for t.n. folks and has a God send of info and tips . you can find how to order it at the top in the stickies info here.
I see you have learned what one or two of your triggers may be.... water hitting your head, also the preasure when you were bending over..it changed the blood flow..those are both common triggers. NOT everyone has the same triggers. and what works for one may not work for another each case is diffrent. if you ever need to talk or vent or have any questions..you can click on my name and send me a message private.I will help any way i can..of corse please do keep posting here. as the info and sharing helps many others. now I am off to find that link to add to bottom here .
Low pain at you
PEACE
BMW
Trigeminal Neuralgia Association of Canada
http://www.tnac.org/

where to get "striking back" book and others
https://www.tna-support.org/storefront/products.asp

also the tips for new comers at top of page here inT.N. forum here has list of comon drug used to controll t.n. pain

Last edited by Burntmarshmallow; 09-23-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add link
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EE03 (10-18-2011)