View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Summertime
Sorry to hear that you are struggling to keep going. I have been there myself and it is impossibly hard. Are you getting psychological support as well as physical help? It is normal to struggle to come to terms with something as devastating and difficult to understand as CRPS. I don't really know what helped me turn the corner out of the depression that came with the diagnosis and pain but once I did, it did all become easier to cope with even though the pain and other symptoms were still there.

I think for me being told that the feelings of despair, depression and fear were actually normal was incredibly helpful for some reason. When I ended up in tears at the doctor finally admitting to suicidal ideation, she told me that with a diagnosis like CRPS if I didn't feel the way I did, she would be concerned!!!! I think just knowing I was normal and what I was feeling and frightened about was normal lifted a huge weight from me.

Please talk to someone "real" and ask for help to cope with the psychological side of this condition. Meantime stay strong and safe. Don't rush into the SCS but I hope if you do go down that route it helps you.
Gymjunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (09-26-2008)