View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I did not post before now. I had my 3rd block yesterday and I feel pretty good. I was having a little pain after PT yesterday afternoon, but most of that has eased up. Thank goodness. It is amazing how much energy you feel like you have when you are not in pain.

Loretta - I was hurt on the job, but not at the job I was let go from, but my attorney is aware of this and I don't really see him until next month. I will keep you all posted on what he says.

My determination, I am told by my doctor and my Physcial therapist, is the reason my RSD has not progressed as far as some. Like I said, most of my determination is not necessarily by choice. There have been very many days I did not want to get up, go anywhere or talk to anyone, because I hurt so much, but not having a choice, makes you have to make a choice. I also have 3 grandchildren and I do not get to see them very much because they live far away, but when they come into town, I just get on their level, on the floor, an play away...pain or no pain, they don't know about it, why should they have to do without Nana playing with them. I don't get to wrestle with them, but that is what their dads can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta jewell View Post
Hi Tina, I wrote a long message to you last night, but it didn't go thru. Lost It. Anyway, I wanted to tell you what an encouragement you were to me. I haven't been fighting, and I want to and need to. I've withdrawn into staying home most of the time. I do have bad bad headaches, pain, low energy,insomnia, and am on a lot of meds. But I'm going to get out, I'm determined. I also mentioned our daughter is a court reporter and has done deposition for a lady with rsd involved in a malpractice suit. Have you ever consulted an malpractice attorney. rsd can be a long road, expensive, and some cannot continue to work. I do feel you were wrongfully fired. You were injured at work and there are definetly laws regarding your employment. It's a long story, but my mother died at 46 because of neglience of a Dr. We won a large settlement in trial. A lot of attorneys don't charge anything unless collect. It's not my business, but a lot of us have ended up on the short end because of not knowing or even not thinking we had the emotional energy to go thru with a suit. I do know there usually is a 2 year statue of limitations in most states from when you were diagnosed, (not the injury itself) I have never had the blocks, please let me know how the second one goes you had Monday. Take care, Loretta
TinaV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote