View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
Forgive my rant last night, although there was a lot of truth to what I had to say. I was obviously a little discouraged with where I visited yesterday. I guess that I just knew in my heart that it wasn't the right place for me.

I just found out that the care center that is near my house is a non-profit care center. I find that really exciting. It means that they are probably more concerned with taking care of their residents than they are with what color they should paint the walls! I am going in at 2:00 to meet some of the staff and have an official interview. Although, when I was speaking with the staffing coordinator on the phone she talked about filling out my hiring paperwork when I come in. I'm not sure how much of an interview this will be...could be hired right then and there. Please pray for me. I have been drawn to this place since I toured the facility a couple of weeks ago. I know that the work is going to be more challenging because it is a skilled nursing facility, but that is good for me. I like to be in an environment where I am always learning new things. It will all help me in the future. Oh...and I will get to wear my cute little scrubs.
OKAY...I know that this seems pathetic, replying to my own post and all. I just wanted to let you know that I got the job at the care center near my house. I will be working in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Unit. I am starting orientation tomorrow at 2:00. Wish me luck!!!
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote