Thread: FMS & Work
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well...wanted to give ya'll an update. Aetna disapproved my claim stating the information submitted by the neurologist does not back up what my primary doc is saying. I tried to explain to the guy on the phone that there are no blood tests out there that can nail down the diagnosis. It is a process of elimination based on symptoms and blood test coming back normal. He said on my paperwork it states that I have low throid, but the test came back normal. I explained to him that I take thryoid medicine everyday and that is why it came back normal. I asked if he read the complete paperwork. He said yes. I told him the medication is listed on the paperwork. No answer then. He tried to tell me he understands what I am going through. At that point I kinda lost it. I told him he does not understand the pain, etc. as well as watching my family have to watch me suffer everyday, the things I use to enjoy doing I can't anymore, etc. No answer again. He just stated I would be receiving my denial letter in a few days. My husband and I are going to call a few attorneys tomorrow to find out what our options are (if we have any) and see what we can do. Eventually, this would have went into long term disability. So now thanks to Aetna, we may lose our home and everything else. I'll let you know what the attorney's say. Thanks all for listening.

Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it

warbelsnap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-27-2008)