View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 07:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Megan

I posted elsewhere on the subject of thoracic herniations. I have six and am scheduled for surgery on September 12. I have herniations from T 1-2 through T 11-12, and one is large and is pressing against the left part of my spine--causing my left leg to become increasingly weaker and causing numbness in my left leg, right leg and now my groin area.

I can certainly understand your reluctance to have surgery. I can tell you---if I didn't have the increasing weakness in my left leg (which is getting worse pretty quickly) and the numbness (which is also getting worse pretty quickly), I don't think I would want to undergo surgery. However, I have no choice. I don't want to lose the use of my leg or worse. Also, I'm 59 (my age is a factor to me---I don't want to wait until I'm much older) and one of twin daughters is getting married in March 2007.

You are so young. My heart aches for you. All of you who are so young and have so many problems with your backs.

I've never been in an accident or hurt myself, as far as I can remember. My neuro surgeon said that my back problems were caused by "bad genes." But, I guess it really doesn't matter---I have a major problem. My surgeon told me, also, that my back is a real mess. He's never had a patient with so many herniations.

Good luck, Megan.

Jan
Fairqueen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote