View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 08:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Our stories are very similar, though I am not a CPA. I'm 'the' administrative person in a small accounting firm.

I'm hoping that I too will be able to move on to something that is not as stressful and I understand too well the "constant negative feelings".

I'm still here, bobbing in the ocean of not being able to do as I have done in the past, my head more under the water than afloat.

I don't have options of leaving at this point, as I don't have any other source of income nor any retirement/disability. Though I do know that I can not continue to struggle with what I no longer am able to do. It is not the right thing for me nor for my employer. They have been good and patient with me for these last 3 years. But my mistakes, errors, forgetfulness is really showing.

I stay positive and trusting that when the time it right, it will be.

You are very fortunate that you can take the time, take it! I think you will find that your mind, body and spirit will be better able to see what is 'out there' for you, once the stress and struggle are not all consuming.

Good luck and keep posting...I'd like to hear how you are doing without the struggle of trying to work in accounting, after a brain injury.
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote