View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up A great bathroom remodel site!!!

Mscherokee has it right on the flooring, no Pergo/laminate type flooring in bathroom areas due to moisture problems and possible buckling or swelling.

Here is a link to an absolutely awesome forum specifically for bathroom builds and rebuilds. There are yeeeeeaars of Q & As there on everything from which toilets really flush it down to tiling (directions, subsystem/underlayment [pros and con]types of grouts), other flooring, to on line sources that are dependable, inexpensive, helpful, yada, yada.

Well, this is the link for all of the Home Forums, just click on bathrooms.
I don't think you have to register to search.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

There are both novices seeking info, and experts sharing advice.
There are even start to finish photos with accompanying details...one from a woman who knew zip when she started, and with the help of that forum has a
great bathroom.

Can you tell I love that site?
It is part of a larger one, "The Garden Web Forums and That Home Site," and through it I was able to get a top of the line Siemens (sister to Bosch) FL washer and dryer together for $1100 delivered. , Usually the washer alone runs close to that.

Ok I'll hush now, I just love to be able to share good things, and if you want to remodel, this is a good thing...just be forwarned, many seem to have bottomless pocketbooks, but there is lots of room for being frugal also...my style normally.

Last edited by tante; 09-24-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: activating link
tante is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (09-24-2008), DM (09-24-2008), dmplaura (09-25-2008), MSacorn (09-25-2008), MSCherokee (09-25-2008), Riverwild (09-24-2008)