Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for info. Any info that can be given is very appriciated. Being so knew at all this I don't know if Im coming or going. Im just glad I have a diagnosis and know why I feel this way. My son's an I's relationship has been severely damaged by all of this. I love him and want to help him but it is just hard to feel close to him most if the time. Are relationship is getting better I wish I could say the same between him and his father. But his father is immature and in denial and doesn't even ask about doc appts or tests because he doesn't believe Anthony has ADHD/ODD or Bipolar. I don't know what he thinks I guess he just thinks he is a brat. Sometimes I think my husband has one if not both of these diagnosis. I know Im depressed have been for long time. Im very stressed. I went to a couple of different docs and all they would give me is antidepressents and they don't work. They wouldn't give me zanax or anything because Im so young I guess. Im 26 years old now this was last year. I have been on paxil,zoloft,effexor,prozac, and took trazadone for awhile for insomnia. Anthonys psyciatrist said that since these meds didn't work that maybe I had a mood disorder. But she couldn't say cause she wasn't my doc and hadn't evaluated me. She did say she was concerned for me and my 4 year old daughter since she was going through what the entire family was going through. chreey