View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I wonder how many neuros

.... have been out of school for more than ten years? Before that they were taught that the nervous system was fixed and unchanging and that the thought of neural healng was laughable. I also wonder how many of those have learned otherwise?

My own is a good example. Very intelligent woman. Neuro and Internal Medicine too. Cleveland Clinic grad for gosh sakes! Last visit she was, as usual, pushing antidepressants and I, as usual, was resisting. I happened to say that while I didn't like the "Jack Nicholson" effect (ala "...Cuckoo's Nest") that I did understand their value in triggering the growth of some neurons.

For a second, she was actually speechless but, then, with almost a sneer she said "That's preposterous!" several different ways and handed me a prescription and walked out the door. One would think that such a bit of trivia would have been of interest. But I am a patient and am to be pitied but not listened to. Time to go neuro shopping I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
Just seeing this. I also take 2 sinemet every two hours. It does vary and is sometimes slightly less and decreases in the evening, but for the morning and up to the evening I usually need this much. If I don't, I get not only off, but dystonia - the very lowest of the symptoms which hurts and makes me extremely depressed.

Doctors who make statements like this and pass pwp off to psychiatrists should be threatened with malpractice. They should be required to take "practicums" , just like teachers are, with disease specific populations and learn it inside out. They only know the outside, and not very well, which makes them imcompetent.

Damnit - excuse me; I am supposed to be working on my spirituality. Visions of busting white collar criminal researchers and shooting doctors for stupid statements set me back a bit.

paula
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote