View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi koz~

I notice you got stuck with the greater than three letter requirement for a username, too. I thought about jccc...lol.

You make a lot of good points. It happens all the time that doctors are quick to blame everything on the one thing they already know.

My mom and dad both had neuropathy. My dad's presumed to be due to his diabetes. My mom's presumed to be due to alcoholism. I tried to encourage vitamins for both of them...just to cover that base. My dad will take a multivitamin because his doctor says so, but no more. My mom is on a lot of vitamins because she has savvy doctor who understands most of the complications of alcoholism are due to nutritional deficiency. She also religiously takes the B12 I send her. My dad can't feel his feet anymore. My mom's neuropathy (tingling/stabbing/pain in feet..some in hands) is gone~ she had complained for several years about it.

It is sad to think that doctors often don't look to the many possibilities mentioned above, as some improvements could certainly be realized.

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote