View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's so nice to find someone who understands! I am 36yrs. old and have been in this pain since 2000. I know I will never be 100% but I keep chasing it anyway! My two nerve blocks really helped but now my muscles - boy..... I kinda feel like I have a noose below my adams apple but around my entire neck and it tightens up like a collar its not a great feeling..... and also my left ear and jaw down my neck to my shoulder boy oh boy........ that is tight and burns.

From what I have read the botox should be helpful. I have looked for a dr. to do this treatment for over 2 yrs. We just moved from S. Florida to Texas so I don't know anyone here for help - and my husband travels for business constantly - its awful. I finally found a sitter for this coming saturday - (get botox on thursday) so I am hoping I feel like doign something come saturday night. Maybe if she works out she can help me after she gets out of school here and there while my husband is gone - maybe I can run out and get groceries while she sits for me.

Anyway - sorry for the ramble. I was goign to tell you - that it takes about 90 days to get approval for my insurance for botox - I didn't want to wait to start - so I am paying out of pocket for it and hope to get reimbursed once its approved - but...... if I don't .... my Dr. is only charging me $400 for an entire bottle - and that should work for a few times - and you can only get the injections every 3 months. So maybe it will be $800 a yr. if my insurance doesn't cover.. but if it works its worth it.

I would rather get these than the never blocks (sounds that way anyway). that would be nice wouldn't it? a way to control our pain and only go every 3 months???? wow.... what a dream. I am sure though that if we do things that aggravate our shoulder/neck muscles it will flair up.
I have two labs that SHED bails of hair every day - this is my biggest problem - and I have to vacuum - every day sometimes twice a day b/c daughter is on ground - etc. and this is the WORST thing for me. I truly should try to find my dogs a new home but we have had them for 6 yrs. its hard.
Conster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote