View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks guys - and the link was FABULOUS. Very interesting (says she pretending that she understood at least half of it hahaha).

I have no clues either whether we can post links here, but honestly it was just so useful that I am going to take the plunge and do it (always the rebel). Go have a look, and direct all thanks to lynxgal who found this link.

http://www.teleemg.com/new/jbr070.htm

I have amplified f waves which do seem to be associated with spasticity. This sort of spasticity is just a result of the neuropathy; weak muscles spasming.

I also had severe pain when they put the little emg needle into my mid shin - huge burning pain followed the path of the nerve down to my big toe. This was when the neurologist said that I had too much nerve activity. I have never had this sort of pain during an emg, it was like the old burning neuropathic pain I used to get in my hands. It's crazy I know, I have had the burning pain type neuropathy in my hands, but am awaiting the arrival of the sensorimotor neuropathy. Maybe I should send out the welcome wagon hahaha.

Has anyone else had this sort of severe pain during a needle emg ? The rest of it wasn't painful, just the minor stuff usually associated with this test. I was so busy coping with the pain and listening to the interesting stuff that the neuro told me that I didn't ask about the pain beyond indicating that it REALLY hurt.

thanks guys

raglet

btw, I will put in a link to a photo I posted about my foot on the lupus forum - it seems that the spastic muscles are twisting my foot like this. I wear splints that come up to my knees to keep my feet pointing in the right direction.
http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71817
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote