View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Two of my clients own banks. They are the sole owners and operators of those institutions. They have always provided me with sound advice and commentary when requested.

I asked them about the "bank bailout" legislation and they BOTH siad that this is not an act of "legislation" but rather one last great act of defiance against the taxpayers of the U.S. based on how the "plan" is written at this time.

In essence, we, the taxpayers of the United States are going to provide a massive slush-fund to purchase worthless assets from instituations that originally purchased them when their greed overran the common sense of due dilegence investigations prior to purchase.

One of the bank owners compared this "plan" to the purchase of a very old used car for $50,000. Who in there right mind would do such a thing? Well, it seems that both Republicans and Democrats alike on capitol hill are using your earnings to buy this very old used car for $50,000.

They have all just put our children and their children in a massive hole of debt, without regard to ethics or morality.

In a few decades we will ALL agree that former Supreme Court Justice Brandeis' hit the nail on the head when stating that "Sunshine is the best disinfectant."

Why would anyone belive what these politicians are telling us? Both sides of the isle lied to us about Iraq; agreed to put Afghanistan on the back burner, and; never, ever have to worry about paying medical bills/food bills/gas bills or balance a shrinking checkbook.

When was the last time that you purchased an item that turned out to be defective and yet went back to the seller to complain and go five times what you originally paid?

I, for one, will never vote for an incumbent.

-Vic
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-26-2008), ewizabeth (09-25-2008), SandyC (09-25-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (09-25-2008)