View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin,
I have endometriosis and have had laproscopic surgery to deal with it. I was pain free for about four years and it is only barely starting to come back now (the pain I have now is managable with over-the-counter meds - although i prefer stuff that isn't available in Scotland so I'm forever having my mom mail me stuff from Canada). I know you hate needles etc, but I had a great experience with the surgery and if it's an option for you I would go for it. I only have three tiny scars on my tummy (nothing compared to my stretch marks) - it was an easy day surgery and I had no issues with the anesthetic (by that time I knew I had MG and I had issues with anesthetic before so they watched me really carefully). Anyways, obviously you'll know what is right for you, but I wanted to share my experience in case it would help.

Hope everything is great and you had a good trip! Take care.
~Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
I have terrible endo - every month, I pass out, throw up,go into shock, etc, due to the pain. It gets so bad that when I had my son, it was a total cake walk by comparison......My OB/GYN found lots of scar tissue on my left ovary, but ruled out surgery to remove it due to the huge amt. - said it would prolly grow back worse and that a hysterectomy was really my only choice for being pain free - no way am I going under the knife again. I can live with it!
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (09-27-2008)