View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher23114 View Post
I have been diagnosed with ON as of today actually. I spent several days in the hospital last month with the hospital doctor thinking it was trigeminal neuralgia... and treated me with Tegratol. It did stop the pain. Now my neurologist has said.. no no no.. its Occiptal not Trigeminal. I dont know if I should be glad or sad! All I know is that right now I am pain free. I do have some days of tightness/achiness in the upper shouldars.. into the neck and my eyes sometimes feel a bit of an ache but overall things are better. Downside -The tegratol kicks butt. All I wanted to do for three weeks was sleep. Now I am changing my time to take it. I was taking it in the am and pm at breakfast and dinner. Now he wants me to take it before bedtime in hopes that I will feel more awake during the day. Lets hope it works!
Hi & welcome to you newbies
not very good for you in canada, you must keep pushing for the treatment.
i have both occipital & trigemenial nuralgias, caused by pressure from brain tumours. I have found the nerve blocks to be helpful just had my 16th today.
i am also on tegretol retard, neuronten, lamortrigne & methadone. felt very drowsy as each one was introduced but am also on these for seizures the reason i have so many.
hope you will gain much info from the site, also many friends.
regards jane u.k
jane d mccartney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote