View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Traetment for newly diagnosed rsd patients used in Germany

Hi all,

I don't have access to any research material on this but I do want to put it out there for people to discuss. I'm not sure if this procedure is being offered to newly diagnosed patients commonly in North America or not. When I mentioned it to my pain doctor he complained that he only had 4 beds to treat pain patients for the whole province of BC.

While in Germany to have surgery on my rsd affected foot the doctors offered me a continuous peridural catheter for 7 days. They told me that it is the "Gold Standard" of treatment especially for newly diagnosed RSD patients. Apparently they have very good success rates and were very surprised that I had not been offered it when I was first diagnosed with RSD.

In my case since it has been so long (6 years) they have little hope of it giving me any long term relief but felt that it would be beneficial to prevent further spread or intensity my current rsd state. So far I'm doing ok but it was hell flying home.

I'm interested to know if this treatment is being offered commonly else where and would like to hear about your experiences.

MsL.
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CZZ74 (09-29-2008)