View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Erin

Erin, Every single time they lower my Prednisone, my breathing tanks,and my adrenals don't want to wake up. I become very weak, and muscle cramps are beyond describable, the pain can be unbearable. I end up with a fever, and basically curl up and am so tired, I feel comatosed (sp?).
Yesterday, I met with a new Neuro who is working with my old neuro, and she is an Myasthenia Expert, she said that right now they don't dare lower my prednisone, but will reevaluate that in a couple of months. They finally got me somewhat stable, and want me that way for a while.( um me too) I don't like choking everytime I eat. Eating can be a chore when choking all the time.
This is such a complicated disease.
Your eye pressure jumping up ten points, is a concern, make sure you have them check them often. You don't want to end up with Cataracts. I've been blessed in that way, mine have stayed right around 16-18. I was told that if you're going to have a problem with your eyes because of prednisone it will turn up with in the first few months of starting, so please be careful to get them check, I know you will, it's the "Mom" in me, if I don't say something, I'll be worrying about you during the night..sorry.

Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote