Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Z View Post
Hi Cherie,

Those results on PPMS are quite remarkable considering there is virtually nothing out there used to treat that kind of MS. It makes you wonder, though, why PPMS patients were chosen for such a trial and not also RRMS patients who make up about 85% of MS cases.

I would love to see a head to head trial between LDN , the CRABs and Tysabri. Unfortunately, we'll never see such an event because those expensive medications stand a lot to lose.

Harry

Hi Harry,

I think the just completed trial out of the University of California (results pending) is testing PwRRMS, COMBINED with the CRABs (if applicable), so maybe this will give them some information in that regard. I think one of the goals of that trial may be to test whether LDN proves safe, combined with any/all CRABs ... so I'm really not necessarily expecting riveting results on efficacy (unless it DOES prove to work well with the interferons too, which would be GREAT!).

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00501696

I like that they trialed LDN on PPMS, because there can be very little confusion on whether it was possibly only effective ("due to the relapsing nature of RRMS"). If it appears to work and be safe for PPMS, it stands to reason it would probably prove to be even more effective for RRMS.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (09-26-2008), dmplaura (09-26-2008), MSacorn (09-27-2008), SallyC (09-26-2008), SandyC (09-27-2008), Tree55 (09-27-2008), weegot5kiz (09-26-2008)