View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey LisaM, and everyone else I had TOS surgery and a sympathectomy done at the same time I first had test done to see if I was positve for CRPS (RSD) wich I was. I was told everything by this doctor (Same as LisaMs') I was told the risk factors nothing surgar coated for me, this doctor let me know my options at the time since I had not recieved any treatments for so long, for TOS and CRPS no meds no anything I had nothing to lose since I was living in a constant pain scale of 10, my eyes where shut all the time and my head was on shoulder all the time, surgery was my only option. I did not rush into this I talked to a Pain Mng. doc recomended by RSD'rs and a Top Ortho in the country befor deciding this, all where in agreement on me a sympathectomy and TOS surgery was the only option.

I will say this Doctor exsplained everything to me, as well as the other doctors all the negatives and positives wich where few a 20-30% chance it would work is all and even less by other docs, it is too soon to say if RSD has spread since my nerves are going through alot after my TOS decompression and sympathectomy , I will say Doc said I was the worst TOS decompression he has seen , he was amazed how I could even function like he said I was living in just survive mode. I hurt but I haft to see where this takes me now I will let my body heal and go from there I know I may my CRPS come back worse or it may be gone or spread, and my TOS as well.
flippnout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote