View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Clarification

Ron-
I was referring to P.M. Carvey who heads the team in Chicago that generated both reports. He has turned out some interesting work as far back as 1976.

One problem with assessing BBB function is that it is a dynamic rather than static phenomenon and changes constantly, although I don't know how much or on what time scale. Your tooth, for example, probably shot it full of holes for a day or two. Stress, blood sugar, etc... all fluctuate with it.
-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Rick,
Sorry, I was not trying to post refs you have sent me, but I don't understand your post. You say the 2 papers are by the same author, but yours is by Monahan AJ, Warren M, Carvey PM. whilst mine is by BV Zlokovic
Paula, Hi,
Yes, I think you could carry out several trials to obtain evidence on the role of the BBB in PD. I understand the permeability of the human BBB can be measured in vivo, ie when the patient is living.!!
So why not measure the permeabilities of a range of PD patients from just diagnosed to advanced sufferers, ie say from 1 year to 20 years since diagnosis
Graph the results and see if you get a steady decline in the efficiency (increase in permeability) of the BBB as PD progresses.
Hi Lurkingforacure
Yes, I really must read Blaycock's book, I have read and heard a lot about it, He sounds to be on the ball
Ron
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote