View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Actually, Cherie wins the prize for the answer. There may be other similarities, but only one "right" answer. For instance, "they both can be irritating" (buzzing around and giving you hay fever/rashes [poison oak and sumac]) or "they both drop things all over" (fly poop and tree leaves) or my original answer, "they both can go up in the air."

No, FG, it's not because I might be getting a cold. I don't feel crappy or anything, just have a cough and had some sinus pressure so may be working up to my (semi?) annual case of bronchitis and sinus infection. It's not there yet to the point where it's affecting me.

I think that the eye thing has more to do with the rapid flipping of the cards. It's similar to the problem I had when sitting in the passenger seat when in Wales--the motion of the landscape rapidly passing by in the rearview mirror made me a bit nauseous. Plus, we'd been at it all morning and most of the afternoon when she gave me that test. The MMPI-2 was the last thing she gave me.

Keri, I understand your problem with "lying." Too bad when we tell the truth we can be told we're lying. Ugh... I really hate the wording of the questions on the MMPI. Some of it's fine and easy to answer right away, but the other things....maybe I parse words too much. Didn't skip any of them and maybe should have.

Cherie, I used to love my mother. She's just pulled some amazingly cruel things on me and I can't justify keeping a relationship with her. At first when she started doing it, I loved her but didn't like her. Now I don't care one way or the other. She's got problems--real problems. I could forgive her for the things she did when I was a child because she did do the best she was able, but I do not forgive her for the things she did when I was an adult. You have to draw a line somewhere. Mine was at age 36. As for my father, how do you feel about a man who gets remarried when you're 13, tells you two weeks after it, and when you ask why you and your younger brother weren't invited he responds, "We only had close family there." I'm his DAUGHTER. That was his SON. How much closer family can you get?????? That's been the hallmark of my relationship with my father since he and my mom split.

I, too, hope that I get valid results this time. His office was very professionally run, so that's a nice start. But I'll reserve my judgment until I see the resulting report. (and it has nothing to do with how well I did either)

Laura, love the fly paper remark.

Twink, I've never professed to being smart. LOL I let people form their own opinions of that. I'm really worried more about memory issues.

Ugh..... who remembers things like the speed of light or the world population. Seriously! I used to know "ballpark" the speed of light but who uses that generally in their daily lives? I can give you the number of feet in a mile but not the speed of light. And the world population is in the billions but how many? Yet they ask these questions.
dmplaura (09-26-2008), Twinkletoes (09-26-2008)