Thread: Folks...
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Curious... that sounds like a great school. Why can't eveywhere be like that? It's the ideal way to make kids grow up with the understanding that though we may all be different, we're still humans with feelings.

I wish those adds had been shown all over Aust, I'm wondering if they were only shown in Tasmania? I've given the link to a few others whoses kids have TS.

I agree that we need to start with the kids to change the future as far as accepting others is concerned. Generally I think most kids are accepting to start with, but the adults can sometimes change the childs perspective.

My eldest son {he'ss 22 now} made me so proud when he was in gr 5. He had made friends with a new boy at the school and he'd always come home talking about him. About 3 weeks later he brought him over to our house. My son had never mentioned that his friend had had a stroke 4 yrs earlier that had left him dragging one side of his body, his hand bent and slurred speech.

After his friend left I asked my son why he had never mentioned his friends problems before. My boy just looked at me dumbfounded and said "Why? He's no different to anyone else." I felt my heart swell.

Even now they are very good mates, and my son MADE his group of friends include this boy in their group. His mother has said she will always be grateful to him for that.

Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks,
Lyn.
lynnie1264 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (09-26-2008), who moi (09-28-2008)