Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Moi, you and my son would get on really well

we once had a thread at the old forum where I met Lara (sure miss ya Lara ) about all the positives about TS and it was always amazing to read through and go yeah ! yeah! yeah!

my son realized early in his life that living with TS was going to be an enormous challenge and like you, he chose to have humor as a foundation to help him thru that challenge and began to build on all the plusses that TS brought, not just those artistic and intuitive ones, but also the compassion that it can open up toward others.

My son was so astonished at the ignorance that abounds about neurological disorders in general. as well as TS in particular, and from sometimes having to endure ridicule for the tics from kids and misunderstanding by adults. He started advocating at a young age, especially amongst his peers and spoke at a couple of TSA meetings over the past 8 years. (proud mama )

he knows it has made him a better person too.

LOL one reason he dint keep going regularly to the TS meetings is that he "catches" tics I know a number of TSers who say the same. One girl we know volunteers for the TS summer camps as a counsellor and always joked how she comes home with all these new tics.

I loved your "all you can tic" buffet bit hehehehehe

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
who moi (09-28-2008)