View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Summertime, I'm so sorry you are struggling. I find much comfort reading and responding to persons like yourself. My RSD also come the day following a surgery. Not correctly diagnosed for a few years. Now fullbody. It has been so difficult too. I've been seeing a psychiatrist for 4 years now. He has been very compassionate and had other RSD patients. He manages my meds, and made adjustments that have corrected all of the electric jolts, spasms, mycolonic jerks. The anti-depressants have helped a lot with the nerve pain. He's conservative, but allows Vicodin and Anti-anxiety. He is a neurologist, psych., and pharmacologist. Do you have a support group in your town? Talking to others is so helpful. I have a good friends here in town. I'll write you back anytime, or call you. I have bad headaches too, as many of us do. RSD affects the Limbic part of your brain that causes depression, short term memory, and I think our speech slowness or groping for the right word. I find comfort in music, swimming when I can, reading, mediatation, I'm coming out of the deep deep depression by concentrating on what I can do, It was so difficult for a few years, it's been 12 years now, because I was such an active person, (tennis, water skiing, snow skiing, aerobics, horseback, biking, traveling, I try almost dailey to stretch, and exercise some. I have one hand partially crippled, worked thru two frozen shoulders, over 100 painful therapy sessions. Light massage treatments help a lot. On the SCS, I read some on it, helped some and others not so good. research yourself, even meds. I thing I am struggling with is weight gain, it's so slow coming off. It partly the meds and change in lifestyle-(exercise and sports) Please let us hear from you again. It doesn't have to be long. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (09-26-2008)