View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 09:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I think you may have noticed something

I think after surgery the body may not be able to handle inflammation as it did before surgery. I think if you feel like you bruise more easily than that might be possible after having surgery.

Surgery requires more nutrition to heal, I think. You may be low in something now as a result of your body trying to recover from the surgery. The obvious one that comes to mind is vitamin K. Usually vitamin K can cause easy bruising or bloody noses sometimes. This may or may not be the case for you because most vitamin K is from bacteria in your GI tract. Is it possible that your eating has changed because of the surgery? Were you given an antibiotics that may have killed off that bacteria? This is one possibility.

It may be possible that your body is just trying to recover and it might be something more general, like a problem with inflammation right now. I like to recommend that people consider using digestive enzymes for inflammation. The proteolytic pancreatic enzymes are best for imflammation. Most people are aware of bromelain and its anti-inflammatory capabilities, but bromelain is just one of many enzymes for this problem. But, bromelain and enzymes are great for healing after surgery and can help with inflammation problems.

I use enzymes for this purpose and take them with meals and also on an empty stomach. Taking them on an empty stomach means they get into your bloodstream to go to work on other parts of your body besides your GI tract. I can notice changes in inflammation when I lower the dose. I wake up with more puffiness around my eyes, and I have a problem with hemmoroids that seems to come on go depending on my enzyme levels.

If you think you noticed that you bruise more easily then I think you probably are. I think the body may not be in the same shape it was before the surgery. It is good to notice these little changes and try to handle them on your own, if you can. Make sure your are is good and consider some extra efforts to help with the recovery from surgery. After surgery there are different things that can help, nutritional supplements, enzymes, homeopathic remedies, herbs, etc.

Of course it is good to talk to your doctor about this on your next visit. But making an appointment just for this is probably not an effective use of your time or money.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote