View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Summertime,

I haven't had the SCS but I have had one nerve block. I had the nerve block when I was first diagnosed with RSD in July 2007, the nerve block I had was a Guanethidine Nerve Block and was injected directly into my left leg, the one that has RSD. Unfortunately I suffered from complications and I lost my balance and co-ordination. After I had the nerve block, my mom read on the internet that you should NEVER inject directly into a limb that has RSD unless you absolutely have to as it can cause complications etc.

I don't want to scare you, I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't inject into a limb that is affected by RSD incase you didn't already know. I have heard from many people that have had nerve blocks into limbs that don't have RSD and they work really well for them. From what I read, if you are going to get any pain-relief, it usually lasts about 5-7 days. The Blocks are more affective if your RSD is caught within the first 6 months however they can still work after that time.

I wish you the very best of luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Please keep us all updated when you can.

Alison
Summertime (10-01-2008)