View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Hello I just recieved wonderful information so I thought I would pass it on.
Senator Barbara Boxer in California, will help with government office's.
she has laywers and caseworkers to help with SSDI. she is trying to pass a new legistration about how long the proscess should take. I have been fighting and waiting for almost 3 years.
anyway her web site is Boxer.senate.gov
you pick which program you need help with and e-mail them. I got an answer the following day. I then had to print a form and send it to them with the information. I figure anything is worth a try. and since it is an election year maybe her office can help us out.
Good luck to all who need help, I know I do
Well, it is Congress that approves the funding for the staff at SSA and it is Congress who creates all the complicated rules and it is Congress who keeps giving more work to SSA without giving more staff.

SSA has the lowest staffing since the 1970's at a point in time in which the massive Baby Boomer cohort are becoming both old enough for retirement and sick enough to be considered disabled. Staff is what is needed and a new employee takes about three years to be proficient at their job.

Imposing deadlines for decisions without giving tools to do the job is pointless. It would result in sloppy approvals and sloppy denials.

Contact with a Congressperson or Senator or media person may move your case closer to the head of the line. Doesn't shorten the line, however. A solution for an individual, but not a solution for the group.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote