View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Thank you Cheryl! Do you take it only at night like his doctor wants to try or more often? I am also curious if baclofen and tizanidine will be cancelled.
I tried baclofen and tizandine, they did not work for me at all. That's why I am on Sinemet. There are two forms. Sinemet and Sinemet CR.

SINEMET 25-100, containing 25 mg of carbidopa and 100 mg of levodopa, 2 tablets at night is what I am currently taking.

Sinemet CR: http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/sinemet_cr_ids.htm

I tried to the CR and didn't get the relief as well as the non-CR.

I didn't take it with the other drugs, obviously. I do take it with klonopin, 1 mg. only at night.

I have virtually no side effects from this drug. The only one I have is stomach upset, but most meds upset my stomach. The doc increased the levodopa (lodosyn) by 25 mg to try to counteract that, but we have discountinued that as it really didn't help.

I started with 1 25/100 tablet for 1 week then went to 2 tablets. Jim might need to take the stronger one. 25/250, but his doc will know which one is best for him. It's worth a try.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (10-08-2008), SandyC (09-27-2008), weegot5kiz (09-28-2008)