Thread: Cherokeegrl
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Some of the reasons for my going AWOL recently...

Your messages are all I need to give me a smile, and know that someone does care about this hellish existence I'm living. Things have taken a drastic turn for the worse. I know, everytime I post it's like this. I'm not a drama queen, please believe me. This is just an unbelievably difficult time in my life, for the umpteenth time, and I'm sure it won't be the last. That is how my life goes. This isn't a pity party, it's my reality.

Since I last posted I have been given another nerve conduction test by a new neurologist, to confirm the carpal tunnel dx. He also ordered an EEG, which I had done the same day. This was mainly related to the epilepsy dx. I'll know more about the results when I see my GP next. I've had another massive breakout allover my face, arms, chest, etc., and is ugly as he!!. The neurologist asked me if I had talked to anyone about it yet, and seemed concerned about it. He mentioned Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and that he will be in touch with my GP about it. Sheesh!!

The GP called me after he got the results on the culture of the ulcer on my lower leg. He told me that it was a bacterial staph infection, and that it was not sensitive to the Augmentin he had me on. So he changed me to Bactrim, which was sensitive to this type of staph infection. After I broke out into this horrible rash, and upon looking up info on tons of different kinds of rashes, I found that the Bactrim could be one of the causes. Of course, it was a few weeks after I had finished the prescription that I found that. It's too complicated to explain, but suffice it to say, I might be dealing with an allergic reaction to one of my medications. I'm not a doctor though, and have no clue what is making my skin have such a massive breakout! There are other medical issues, but that is enough to digest in itself!

Now for the good stuff!! I just found out that Bridgette has decided to move back to IN Thanksgiving weekend, and I won't be able to afford to stay here now. Not only that, my landlord is a convicted child predator, which I found out from the neighbors. (not sure if I shared that news back when I found out) I went to the local police dept., and there on the wall was his picture! It about made me sick. This happened a couple of months ago, but ever since finding out things have gone downhill. He and I had a bad conversation, which escalated to the point that he hasn't talked to me since, and that was a week ago. Consequently, I am going to be moving back to my folks home by the end of December. I'm just sick about how this came about, and the story is too long to put out here. It's a nightmare, and I can't believe this "wonderful wish come true" of a home has just about wrecked me!! Those of you that know how much this place meant to me know how devastating this is to me!

I'm going to be staying with my parents until I can find section 8 housing, and get signed up for HUD. These seem to be the only two options for me, being that I'm alone and living on disability, which isn't much. I'm trying very hard to keep focused on what I have to do, but I am starting to break down with each new issue. I've about had it. There are many of us that are asking "Why me?", but I have started to scream it, and I feel like no one ever hears me anymore.

Then today I got a phone call from my best friend, back in IN, telling me that they have called all the family to the hospital, because her father is not responding. He has cancer, and they said it's likely he won't be going home again. It is possible I will be heading north to be with her if things continue to worsen for him.

This is part of why I haven't been around. I've missed ya'll, and don't have a clear reason for not being online, except that I've been overwhelmed with this stuff and more. Thank you for continuing to reach out, as it does make a difference!!
{{{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}}}}
Bless you all~
~Kimmy