View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle View Post
Ok, I'll bite (pun intended): WTH is a Harvey's veggie burger? (and yes, I know that Harvey was a 6' tall rabbit who wore a hat with holes cut out for his ears)

I love a good veggie burger. Could be a vegetarian except that I really, really love a good med-rare steak sometimes. As Jane on Couplings said, I'm a bi-vegetarian--I eat meat when I want. OMG..... too funny....

Ho boy.... you said it about the buns. And sometimes I get a McD's Big and Tasty and they slather it with loads of mayo and kill it.

Laura, next time order your veggie burger medium rare.

Ever see the Far Side cartoon that shows the cavemen coming out of the forest with a huge carrot held over their heads? The caption reads: Early vegetarians after the hunt.
Harvey's is another chain here. Maybe it's Canada only? I dunno.. but their veggie burger is usually decent. Nothing like home made mind you, but def. ok. I honestly can't get past the buns. I eat all whole wheat bread now, and the ONLY place in town that's fast food that WILL do whole wheat bread for me is Burger King.

Incidentally, Burger King's veggie burger is Try sandpaper texture, and so thin, I'm fairly certain the lettuce (which usually has brown spots on the edges) weighs more than the patty.

Yeah what's with the excessive freaking condiments anyways? The amount they put on it sometimes, it's like they're painting the Sistine Chapel. Subway's the WORST for this. "A little lettuce please". Next thing you know, your sub's 98% lettuce. "A little light mayo". They empty half the bottle on it. Pizza places are no better, "Light on the cheese". Next thing you know, you have a 10 pound pizza consisting of 9.5 pounds of cheese.

Yes @ Far Side. LMAO!!!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (09-27-2008)