Old 09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default electromagnetic forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
now I am on a .5mg klonipin with somewhat success, except it took me 2 hours to fall asleep last night.
I am not increasing my dose of klonipin....

bizi
Dear Bizi,

This might sound slightly crazy but hubby and I got rid of EMFs in our bedroom (anything causing electromagnetic fields). We sleep with battery alarm clocks near the bed.

On the other side of the room we have one electric alarm clock and one noise maker. Those two items are the only electric machines in the room.

http://www.emfcenter.com/faqs.htm
Quote:
B11. How can I reduce the EMFs in my home?

You can arrange your home to stay as far as possible from obvious EMF sources such as electrical panels, refrigerators, televisions and fluorescent lights.

You can use a battery powered alarm clock instead of a plug-in type near your bed, and you can unplug all electrical cords near beds, desks, couches and chairs. Limit your family’s use of cell phones and cordless phones as much as possible. And since EMFs can be emitted from many unseen and unexpected sources, you can also measure with a test meter.
Years ago I even bought a meter
( http://www.trifield.com/EMF_meter.htm )
to measure EMFs so that I could determine what was the best room in the apt to sleep in. I found out in my old apartment that I was sleeping in the worst room -- the room near the air conditioner.

I considered that the EMFs might interfere with brain signals about sleeping.

This starts to sound nuts after awhile but I have been trying to solve the pieces of the sleep puzzle for twenty years now.

Hubby studied some of this in school so it makes sense to him -- he doesn't think I am nuts.

Mari

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-28-2008)