View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wanted to comment on this thread. I think we do get isolated from being in pain so often. I know for me the best way to get past a bad pain spot is to either read a book, go to sleep, or read on the forum. I can't do much more after taking the medications. When the pain hits the top than we are not much good around people. I find myself being very cynical and short with people. I don't even know it at the time, it just comes out of the mouth. It is very polar for me since I am quiet and soft and friendly. But when the pain rears up I change. I just try to get away from people during those times. My family always knows just by the look in my face or the stuggle I have in walking that its not a good day. Sometimes when getting home from work I just tell them I have to lay down for an hour. I am so fortunate to have a good family that helps me and tries to understand me. I don't like them to worry though so I mask the pain most days.
I just got a new job as a teacher. I have been taking online classes, did my student teaching and than interviewed for a job. I didn't know what to say about the RSD...oh by the way I have this leg thing and I am on Vicodan and Nerontin..once in awhile I have to go for Nerve blocks but not to worry. I just wanted you to know up front since I have a handicap sticker on my car. Geez, I did talk about the monster after being hired. I was told they would accomodate me. So hey. ADA worked at the school level. Now we will see if I get offered employment on a contract basis next year.
vanityfaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote