View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Ok.

I think I may have broken my personal record for the length of time I've been awake without taking a nap at any time. It's almost 1130am (CST) here. I've been awake since 130pm yesterday afternoon.

I just talked to my aunt (she's a nurse practitioner) She told me to get my thyroid checked tomorrow. So tomorrow, I'm going to go to the doctor for that. Only reason my aunt is suggesting to check my thyroid, is because she's got a thyroid condition and she said I'm sounding familiar to her for some reason. She just had to have her meds adjusted for that.

Oh! When I went to the urgent care that my regular doctor's office has (outside doctors come and use their office space for after hours medical stuff) The nurse in the urgent care, who I've talked to before gave me bad news.

My favorite doctor has MOVED!!! To California!!! DANGIT!!!!!

I never got a letter saying he was leaving. (this was the guy who pretty much figured out I had MS before the neuro did and was the only doctor who actually supported me when the other doctors were doing the "she's nuts" thing)

I'm depressed about this, Dr. C was eye candy! Dang!

ok, rant about my doctor over.

getting back to what my aunt said. She told me that maybe the Copaxone might be causing some of my insomnia problems. She told me to call my neuro and ask him about that. My aunt (who I'm not sure knows much about Copaxone) is wondering if maybe I've developed a sensitivity to the C, and that it might be causing the insomnia, and that maybe I need to either switch to something new.

I told her all about LDN. She told me that when I go to the doctor tomorrow to check my thyroid, to ask him about the LDN. The doctor I'm going to ask for tomorrow is the another doctor at the office who my (now former) doctor brought in to talk to me about MS. This guy, Dr. C 2.0 (his first name is the same as the other doctor, and his last name begins with the letter C too) had a grandmother who had MS. And he's the one who kind of explained what MS is before I got my diagnosis.

He's the one who told me that it's not fatal and he calmed me down a lot when I was freaking out two years ago. So, hopefully he has no plans to be moving away. I'm going to see if he's heard of LDN and see if he can write me a Rx for it. (knock on wood! please! write me a Rx!!!)

I'm disappointed that Dr. C 1.0 has left, but at least 2.0 is still here and hopefully I can convince him to let me try the LDN.

It's almost noon. My aunt told me to take a very small amount of Ativan (breaking the pill in half, and breaking the half in half.) and try to take a nap for a couple of hours.

all I want to do is sleep for a little while.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-28-2008), weegot5kiz (09-28-2008)