View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Since I am the one who started this, I won't be part of the problem.

To be honest, I don't think a separate "social room" is the answer to the problem. I think Doody hit the nail on the head by saying that
Quote:
Rather than PM back and forth between a few members, why not discuss this openly
Sometimes just saying things out in the open is the best thing. I found out that some people have been put off by some things that happened while I have been gone that I was totally unaware. Since these were administrative issues, there are to stay admin issues so I will not dwell on them.

Do not let these types of things divide the group, it is times like this that this group should pull together and become more cohesive instead of dividing up into different camps. That is not good for anyone. Maybe that is what I am seeing. And I am just going to say it...I will support you, but not you. I don't know who any one of you are as I have not met anyone. To me you are all members of this forum equally and I am saddened by what I am seeing. I felt very sad by what I saw when I had been absent from this forum for almost a month because I was busy with getting ready for my trip and opening my new shop. I saw a divided group.

IMHO if everyone went back to being a cohesive group, more like the Wonder Thread that Curious pulled up, and stop bickering, and be supportive to everyone then all this would be a non-issue.

Sorry to be so blunt, but not having all the information, which I don't want, makes it tough to make an informed post. I am flying blind and making suppositions here so for that I probably should apologize from the gitgo.

I came here to support and learn how to deal with suicide in the family. I have not seen any of that lately. And I am sure that I am not the only one. I have found it very difficult to do more than say thanks and offer hugs in general...that's not me. I feel like I am walking on eggshells and that's not me either. I don't want to walk away but the atmosphere in here lately makes me want to and I truly do not want to...so as Doody has asked, let's all work together to bring us "all" back together again. We all need support and we can all give support.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-28-2008), Curious (09-28-2008), Doody (09-28-2008), tamiloo (09-28-2008), weegot5kiz (09-30-2008)