Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 04:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What I don't understand and I guess I will have to ask the psyciatrist about this. Is why it says that he has that on the intake evaluation from the psycologist but the psyciatrist didn't put that as a diagnosis or say anything about it. But I think that is why Im so confused at times. Maybe he isn't even ultra rapid cycling who knows. Its like hmm he does things and says things that he shouldn't be doing where does this fit in the ADHD the Bipolar, the ODD or the Intermitted Explosive Disorder. I don't know where one diagnosis begins and the other ends. Im going to be asking the psyciatrist what to do next as far as councling. Because I was talking to the councler the other day and she didn't know what to say about everything. All she could tell me was that with the discipline to be as consisted as possible. So we may be getting a knew councler. It is terrible that families have to deal with this. But Im glad there are people out there that understand what we are going through. My uncle has three children also and he just keeps telling me you have to talk to him and treat him like an equal and compromise. And these things usually don't work with a bipolar child and he just doesn't understand that. Is intermitted explosive disorder usally comorbid with bipolar or adhd/Odd? Did your son usually feel remorse over bad things that he had done or said? Thanks chreey