View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ssdi

Hello blossom,
I've been on SSDI for quite some time now. in the past things went pretty smoth with them. But then about a year and a half to 2 years ago bush ordered SS not to accept as many qualified members into SSDI as they used to, because it would hurt his budget for the war. So I wonder if that's the reason your daughter won't get the benefits. Also at SS they say you can have a hearing if you're not approved. That sounds like you'll see a judge against them. But who you see is just a high ranking supervisor in SS that has a talk with you. A friend on the live chat at www.epilepsy.com told me what he went through there. Please take care.
shawn33
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom58 View Post
Hello, I have been on SSDI since 2006, I have been a stay at home mom off and on, or just worked part-time before 2006. I receive $621 in SSDI benefits and don't qualify for SSI because my husband is working.
When I got the phone call that I was approved for disaility in 2006, they told me that my daughter wouldn't get any benefits because I hadn't worked enough. She was 12 at the time.
After reading through the SSA web site, I am more confused than ever.
Why can't my daughter get any benefits on my disability? I read that most children get half of their parent's benefit.
Could someone help me?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by shawn33; 09-28-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: a better amount of time with SSA
shawn33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (09-29-2008)