View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wouldn't trade technology for anything. There are some parts of technology I like to take vacations from though.

We rented a cabin for 2 weeks this past summer that was out in the middle of a forest with nothing but trees, hills, rivers, and animals. It was heaven. There was a generator for lights, a wood burning stove, fireplace, and no tv, video games, or internet. We were 10 miles from the "town" which consisted of about 1000 people. All 4 kids complained like you wouldn't believe in the weeks leading up to the trip, and begged us to stay an extra week when it was time to go. They were outside building forts, exploring, fishing, swimming, climbing trees, and running around without any of the stress they usually carry with them. It was so nice. They still talk about that trip.

I think I got the most sleep in one period that I've ever gotten in my life on that trip too. I remember one night my husband woke me up because I'd been asleep for 7 stright hours and he was making sure I was actually ok lol.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pamster (09-29-2008)