View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta jewell View Post
Hi MsL, Thank you for the message on Germany treatment. No I have not heard of it before. Is it connected in any way to Ketamine infusion? Hopefully it will keep your RSD from spreading. Mine went full body after a second injury I think in my 5-6th year. It's been 12 years now. I live in the U.S. but have been to Germany from the west coast. Long trip. How are you doing now? Take care, Loretta
Hi Loretta,

No the continuous anesthetic peridural catheter treatment is not associated with the Ketamine treatment but since it is considered the "gold standard" of treatment options I would assume that it is being used throughout Germany. My husband is German so it is a little easier for me to get help there, especially with translations. I did meet with the doctor who does the Ketamine coma treatment a couple of years back but we decided to only have that if all else fails.

I'm sorry to hear that your RSD is now full body. What were your first signs that the rsd was spreading to your full body? So far it seems to still be contained to my left side but lately I have bouts of increasing intensity and nothing will stop it except for an Oxycontin. I hate taking those but sometimes I just don't know what else to do. I'm afraid that my pelvis region is starting to be affected too. Thanks for asking.

What do you do / or take to try to keep your pain levels down. Have you been able to find any relief? I hope you are having a good day.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote