View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow Shelley,

Great post! I think you are the first person besides myself to either have recommended pelvic floor PT or has done it. It worked absolute wonders for me last year. Although, it did take my PM and Urogyn to get it all sorted out due to the nerve damage in my lumbar/sacral area. You are soooo right about the Levator Ani muscle; that was the source of a lot of my spasms. I will say on my very FIRST appointment I was almost in tears that day from just driving over to the rehab place. When I left, what a reduction in pain!

Jess, seriously, it is worth a try. I almost didn't go through with it simply because I didn't think it would work or help...but it sure did. And one more thing...once you have gone through this VERY specialized PT they will teach you how to manage it on your own. I don't want to get too graphic but I swear by pelvic floor PT.

Oops, forgot to add something Jess...two things. They can do pudendal nerve blocks if the nerve pain is bad although I haven't had that done and really didn't need to. Also, my Urogyn recommended I get spinal injections FIRST to calm the sacral area down. I did that and it helped too. I know that probably isn't your problem; just wanted you to know they can calm things down before attempting pelvic floor PT. And actually, the PT I had was so easy that I didn't have much pain afterwards just a bit of soreness where she had released some spasms. But I agree with you about the "sit pain". It can be very, very painful.

Last edited by Kathi49; 09-29-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Added More
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote