View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy View Post
Hey there Erin -- Are you still up? You can see it's about 3:30 am and here I am. Were you always a night person? I always have been along with my three adult kids, but now the fibromyalgia has really messed up my sleep schedule. For some reason I seem to feel better at night and go to sleep around 6 am 'til 2 pm. It's so weird though, during the day when I'm trying to read, watch tv, etc., I keep dozing off, but try to actually go to bed....forget it.

Years ago I tried some different sleeping aids and vowed never again. They either didn't work, made me feel like carp or were addicting. Do you have those sarcastic comments from friends, relatives, etc., about sleeping all day? DUH -- if they were up all night, bet they'd be sleeping during the day too.

Hope your doc has some answers for you. I've given up and just go with the flow. If something comes along where I have to be up earlier, just a little less sleep.

Take care and good luck!
I went to the doctor today. Saw the PA because my favorite all-time doctor has moved away ~sob~ ~cry~ ~sniffle~. (I'm very sad about this. He was eye candy...and he was genuinely nice. Nicest doctor I've ever talked to)

The PA was nice. (she's new, which is good. Their other PA is a <bad word>)

She gave me a Rx for Ambien (generic) and answered a few of my other questions. She seemed to know a bit about MS, which is good. Not all doctors know that much about MS for some reason...

She helped me figure out one of the problems, and said that she'd help me with a possible solution for it. (something related to girl stuff)

She did tell me that some meds like the amitriptyline can sometimes stop working for a person, and then it becomes part of the problem. Told me it was good that I quit it, since she thought I must be sensitive to it.

I'm just hoping that I'll fall asleep normally tonight and wont have to take the Ambien. I'm probably going to go to bed around 12 or 1230am. I'm setting my alarm to wake me at 8am (and then I'll be hitting snooze for another hour) My goal is to at least be up by 930 or 10am. I hope I dont end up sleeping till 2pm like I have been lately.

I still need to catch up on my sleep bankruptcy.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (09-30-2008), weegot5kiz (09-30-2008)