View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink DownSizing and UpDating

Hmmm. where do I begin?

A few years ago my landlord was in my house doing some repairs. He made a casual comment about how much "STUFF" I have or had. That little comment sent me on a series of waves of downsizing and updating all my belongings.

I looked around here after he left and you know, he was right. I had stuff I have been collecting all my life to use someday. Most of it I just move around from room to room from time to time but when I looked at it on the whole, I did/do have way too much stuff.

The first thing I did was get rid of stuff I have never used. Either tossed it in the trash or gave it to charity. I LOVE Yard/Garage/Secondhand shop shopping and am always picking up SOMETHING. I have a stack of fishtanks that I'll never use but grabbed them because they were either cheap or free.

It's good to talk about this topic since so many of us have too much stuff and the thought of getting rid of some of it and streamlining our homes seems a monumental task IF you think of it as one big project.

The major problem with me is I'm a PackRat at heart, just like my Dad was. He had a special "shed" in the backyard for all the "stuff" he collected. Before the shed he had a barn with a workshop and that was Pretty bad. It seems the bigger the space you have for all your stuff, the more stuff you accumulate.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (10-07-2008)