Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

Clothes!!

UGGHH!!

That is the area where I am constantly in trouble. I have/had way too many clothes. This is a special area that needs my constant attention. For instance:

SOCKS. I must have 50 or 60 pairs. some I haven't worn in years but they are so nice I just don't want to part with them. So here's what I've been doing.

Go through them ALL. Check if they are wearable still. No holes in the heels or rips or tears. Throw out the worn out ones and one you wouldn't wear. Then I sort them by colour. Ball them and put them back in neat rows in the drawer. But that is optional because next time I am in there I mess up the whole drawer again anyway.

UNDERWEAR. Go through all of them. IF there are any with holes or worn out elastic and are CLEAN give them one more wear then chuck them. Don't throw away clean undies.

These little projects might seem trivial but if you look at this as small projects it isn't so overwhelming.

SHOES. Aww Geeze, where do I start?? I am relatively easy on shoes but still have a lot. I have a huge, antique, Middle Eastern basket I keep all my flipflops, slippers, sneakers, warm snuggly knitted thingies, heavy house socks in. I rotate my stock according to the seasons. What isn't in the basket goes in the closet til next season OR to the Homeless Mission. Very rarely if Never, I throw OUT shoes.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (10-07-2008)