Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kids will cycle like 100+ times in a day. It took us a long time to figure out that my son wasn't just explosively angry all the time because it felt that way. Once we started him on the zyprexa at 6 he was finally able to sleep, and we were finally able to see the different moods he would experience instead of just this fireball of anger all the time.

have you joined the message boards at bpkids.org? They really gave me a lot of information when we first started this journey. And never be afraid to ask for more clarification from the doctors. If something isn't working, tell them that! And if you just don't understand the situation all that well, don't leave the office or hang up the phone until you have gotten all your answers.

Keep a notebook with you. Write down any observations and/or questions that come up. Then take the notebook to the doctor and go over everything in it. Ask those same questions on the message boards. See if there are parental support groups in your area and go! (I could also look up the groups in your area if you would like me to. We have a database at work.)

Its overwhelming and lonely. Ive been there. Things will eventually improve. You do need a support team though. I really hope you could find some groups or org's to attend. It makes a world of difference. (alot of the time they have respite care providers doing daycare during the meetings as well.)