View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink

Yes bn, I also get bogged down in memories BUT if you ruminate over things you have to think of WHERE these things are going to end up if you aren't around anymore. Last week I went through some old photos and an old wedding album. Know what I did? I took out all the pics, tore them up and threw them out. Who wants them?? I certainly don't. I got lost in the past looking at all those miserable people who made my life a misery. I could see now how unhappy I and they were. People aren't genrally happy most of the time. Peoples emotions and mental state show on their faces. Time and space has a way of putting things into perspective, don't they? I still have more pics to go through. Some it's going to be very hard to get rid of but who is going to care after I'm gone? Letting go of the past is SO hard. But, we have to do it eventually.

And yes, Curious. I do take many things to the woman's shelter and the homeless shelter but we also have a Free Table here in our laundry room. People just leave good, usable things there or take things they can use. It cuts down on a lot of the stealing from washers and dryers. Not all but some.

IF you live in an apartment building with a laundry room a Free Table is a great idea. I hate waste. And it's a lot easier than taking things somewhere else. Sometimes I actually get things JUST for the table, if they are free. Just being neighbourly.

Last edited by Wiix; 09-30-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote