Thread: CRPS or TOS?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your kind responses, Loretta and ada!

Does CRPS/RSD always occur immediately after the injury?. As my symptoms started about 5-6 months after the fall down the stairs!. My hand doesn’t tighten up like a lot of people seem to describe…..the skin does become tight feeling when Im out on a long walk and sometimes it feels hard to hold my fingers out straight – but that feels more like slight muscle weakness to be, perhaps due to the muscle wasteage.

I fell down the stairs in mid 2004 and the symptoms started in late 04/early 05. First symptom was a stiffing of the thumb which was very painful to move and frequently ceased up whilst I was typing at work. This symptom passed after a few months and was replaced by a constant shoulder blade deep aching pain – pain down the back of my arm and into my hand. My hands would go red when I picked up a hot drink but never burned, this symptom has passed now though.

Over the last 4 years my symptoms have changed and shifted a bit into the coldness and strange ‘alien’ feeling in my little finger. This to me all fitted in with TOS when a physio mentioned it to me 8 months after the symptoms started.

I have been posting and reading on the TOS forum here since earlier this year and it has been a great help!

I sometimes have trouble remembering words when im speaking Loretta, but not sure if that’s just me being scatty!
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote