View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Well,

I had the 4th block yesterday. Kind of a weird day. They had to try 4 times to get the IV in, the numbing medicine would not work and they blew out 2 veins and one time it was in and when the doctor started to push the anesthesia in, it blew a big bubble in my arm, now I have a 4 inch bruise from that along with the 4 puncture holes for the IV, a big bruise on my neck and a sore throat. I do not think 4 was my lucky number that day. Glad that day is over with.

The blocks seemed to have helped with the burning and the pain I had going down my arm into my hand. They last a little longer each time I go to get one. So we will see on Friday what the doctor thinks about the blocks.

I do have a problem with physical therapy....because my arm has not been moved around very much, even though I have been going to PT off and on for 3 years now and trying to the routines at home, after I go to PT, I have a lot of muscle, tendon and ligament pain. This goes from around my shoulder blade, scapular region, now my rib cage is getting involved and in my upper arm and shoulder, along with the headaches I get, it just really takes it out of me. I still am not sleeping very good at night.

I have tried to tell this doctor that I need some kind of meds to help with these other things and he said he wanted to wait and see if the blocks took care of it....well, I still had some muscle relaxers left and some Ultram ER and have had to take them. I can only take so much pain and Tylenol just ain't doing it for me. All it is doing is tearing up my stomach.

I emailed a letter to the nurse that has been the go between for me and the insurance company and told her what was going on and she said WE could talk to the doctor about it together on Friday. She used to work for him and apparently knows him pretty good, so I am hoping she can get him to understand how I am feeling. He seems to be a nice doctor, but sometimes, I am not sure he hears me. I know you all know how that feels.

I do not want to have to change doctors again, I am so sick of having to explain everything all over and then truing to find one that knows how to treat the RSD is very difficult. This doctor said the blocks would get rid of the RSD...does anyone know if this is anything close to the truth, or if it will just help with moving?

Thanks for everything you all, it is nice to have someone to talk to about all this.

Tina
TinaV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote