View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:41 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

thanks Cheri,

I WILL give those a try. I just am not ready to go back to the AD(meds) yet...after being on them for so long most of my life and feeling like I wasn't myself all those times since I was 14...

it's good to have my brain back even though I have to put up with some...well, ya know...

and yeah, really lucky to have da wife.

appreciate all the infos thus far, will probably pick yer brain more down da road. (((((((BIG HUGS))))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie1264 View Post
I understand what you mean, and your descritption of the bubble is spot on. I get like this myself... where I feel like I'm living seperate to everyone else... sort of. It feels like the worlds going on without me.

You said how you know it's there but you just can't feel it, this is exactly how I am at times too. Everything is there, a wonderful husband, great kids and friends, so very much to be thankful for... but I can't seem to touch it.

I know it's some kind of depression thing but I've never been treated for it, always try to get through it myself. Usually putting on my music and having time out works... but when that doesn't I know I'm in for a harder time.

I try to do things that normally bring my pleasure, but that doesn't work either. Oh well, I guess it all comes good in the end.

Take care,
Lyn.
hi Lyn,

please keep talking about it if you need...

life is up and downs and those of us that are lucky have loved ones to keep a suction cup at the bubble....

I think as long as we can recognize it and then NOT give up on it. That's the trick..

in the past, I get the bubble and end up getting more bubble wrap and it gets thicker and thicker. LOL

now, I try to thin it out vs making it thicker, if that makes sense.

That means that I am more open to talk about it, try stuff vs. not wanting to do anything about and just sit here and sulk...

I am a hugger and I love to hug. My family don't hug at all...we're not the "I love you" types...never really heard it...

when I married da wife, her family is totally opposite from mine. Huggers, "I love you" every other minute, takes an hour to say good-bye type of family. Just very loving physically...

it took some getting used to but I love it...

but lately...when I get hugged, it's I can feel the "pressure" of the hug around the bubble...but the actual "feeling" just isn't there anymore...

well, it'll get better...it's a cycle and I'll come out of it...

I hope you do, too...and any others that goes through it...it sucks eggs...

but, at least we have a safe place to discuss and talk about it if we need, eh?

((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

to everyone that has sent me PM's...I really appreciate it....
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-03-2008), tamiloo (12-09-2008), Twinkletoes (10-03-2008)